Sunday, April 11, 2010

You're Expecting Plant of the Week Aren't You?

Well, I'm skipping my plant post today for something delicious. Delicious in the form of a wee pub I found at five points. The Royal Peasant is a wonderful place to go for some bangers & mash or fish & chips.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


The food is superb and the beer is even better. I found a beer that I like on the first sip... and the second... and the rest of the pint. I present to you Curim Gold. It's a wheat beer imported from Ireland and brewed by Carlow Brewing Company. Curim has a gorgeous color and a delicious light taste that makes me like beer. Curim is by no means the only choice of beer you have.



And, the atmosphere. Oh the atmosphere is awesome. I wind up spending more than two hours there just eating, drinking, and enjoying the company of friends. I will warn you though, certain types of persons are not allowed.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


But, you should stop by and watch the footie games each week and drink with your friends, even if you just met them when you walked in the pub.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


You should check it out if you're ever in Athens. But, for now, I'll leave you with a message from the landlord.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"A pub is a state of mind. It is a place where relaxation and conversation are the order of the day. In the "local" a sense of being at home is very much in evidence and it is the job of the publican to ensure maintenance of the atmosphere.
Informaility is rampant and many a stout Englishman has fallen to the lure of his local. The urge to "dive in for a swift pint" has challenged and defeated the hardiest of souls."
-Mike, The Landlord

Where is your favorite pub?

1 comment:

  1. That looks like such a fun place! I can't wait to move back to Colorado Springs because I miss going to Jack Quinn's. They have great food...a full bar...and live Irish music every Thursday night (think shanties). The also do a 5K run and if you participate I believe you get a discount on meals and a free pint!

    http://www.jackquinnspub.com/

    ReplyDelete