Friday, April 2, 2010

Gentle Face Scrub Recipe

Every once in a while I take a trip to the local hippy dippy store called EarthFare. It's kind of a neat little grocery/healthy living store and they have some super delicious cheese. Sometimes they have samples of things out and I picked up this gentle face scrub sample and the card with the recipe.

Recipe first:

1/2 cup ground oatmeal
1/4 cup powdered goat milk
1 tsp. cornmeal
1 tsp. ground jasmine flowers or lavender buds (optional)

Mix ingredients in a bowl or zipper bag. No refrigeration required. Use within 6 months.

To use: mix 1 - 2 tsp with enough water to make a paste. Apply to face and throat using circular strokes. Rinse with warm water.


I used the sample and it seems to be a fairly nice scrub minus a lot of chemicals. If you give it a try, come back and let me know what you thought about it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this, I'm definitely going to have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete