Monday, February 1, 2010

Since It Is Now February...

I'm going to do a Valentine's post. A post about why I hate Valentine's Day. It's not because I am a single gal. No, really I'm very happily engaged if you haven't noticed the wedding posts. It's not that I don't like flowers. You're talking to a Horticulture student here; I just so happen to adore flowers. And, don't get me wrong, I love me some chocolate. I just really hate Valentine's Day.

I get that it's supposed to be that one day that you are supposed to buy chocolates, and jewelry, and what-have-you for your significant other. Which really means the guy has to put on a show for his gal. What I don't get is why can't you do that any other day and have it mean much more than if you did it on this "Hallmark Holiday". Really, Valentine's Day is a made up holiday for the greeting card companies to make money by guilting you into spending loads of money on this one day or else you... *gasp* ...don't really care about your honey.

I say pish posh. I'd rather have flowers for no reason at all than flowers, candy, hideous stuffed teddy bears for a silly holiday that commands a performance. I'd rather give a gift out of love on any day than some silly notion that I need to spend tons of money on this one stupid day.

Screw you, Cupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment