Thursday, February 4, 2010

Books, Books, Books, Gotta Love 'Em

I admit it. I am a huge book nerd. I love to devour a good book. In the little bit of time since 2010 started, I've read 6 books. I started book #7 about a week ago. Lucifer's Hammer by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.

Lucifer's Hammer was first published in 1977. Oh yeah, it's an old one. It's categorized under post-apocalyptic science fiction and got a nod for the Hugo Award for Best Novel in 1978.

A mix of an Earth devastating comet, Russian and American astronauts, and a battle for the future after the fall of civilization is what currently has me enthralled. The first few chapters were a little slow, but one I got through those it started turning into a whirlwind of events and exciting happenings.

This should be a good one, and I can't wait to get to the last page.

Have you read Lucifer's Hammer? What did you think of it? What are some of your post-apocalyptic or sci-fi novels? Leave a comment and let me know!

Follow the book cover to Amazon to check it out and get your own copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment