Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Makeup Review: Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara

So, this is my first, and likely my last, makeup review. I'm just not that big into makeup (even though I have a drawer full). I'd say about 25 days of the month I go without makeup all day. But, I'll admit to being drawn in by the commercials for Maybelline's Lash Stilleto. It was the boots. I love a good pair of sexy boots. Look at those boots!


I'll admit another thing: I've never tried a lengthening or volumizing mascara. That goes back to the not that big into makeup thing. So, here goes with the review. First up, a picture of my eyes without any makeup.


And, then with mascara. I did one eye (just upper lashes) with the Lash Stiletto and the other with a drugstore brand plain mascara, both in black.


Maybelline Lash Stiletto ................................................... Drugstore Brand

Either I have really long lashes naturally or I'm blind. Because, honestly, I don't see a length difference between the two or my natural lashes. Even with no real length difference that I can see, I love this mascara. The packaging is eye-catching, mimicking a stiletto with shiny silver lettering. The brush is square with crossed, stiff bristles. This is what I love so much about this mascara. The brush does an amazing job of separating the lashes making them look fluffy and very close to a really good set of false lashes. The brush tapers, too, making it easy to get into the corners of the eyes without getting mascara anywhere other than the lashes. The formula goes on easy, covers with just one coat, and wears well.

So, the verdict is: if you want extra length, this one won't do it, but the application and lash separation is totally worth it.

Have you tried Lash Stiletto? What did you think about it?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried this yet, but then I also have at least 10 different mascaras that I am using or will be using soon.
    I tend not to use lengthening mascara for the fact that my lashes already touch my eyelids, but I'd be interested to play around with this line sometime.

    ReplyDelete