Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Call Me The Crazy Plant Lady.

I'm doing my internship at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia here in Athens. Let me tell you, I'm having a blast with it. I get the feeling that a number of my upcoming posts are going to be filled with pictures from the garden. Let's start now!


Goofing off while processing some MetalPhoto plates.
Please disregard my silly face. :)


Begonia 'Metallic Mist'


Tradescantia pallida 'Pale Puma'


Tibouchina


Phalaenopsis hybrida

These are just a few plants that I've come across in the greenhouses this week. Trust me there are plenty more pictures to come. With 7 1/2 weeks to go on my internship, I have plenty of time to take more pictures to show off.

What is your favorite plant?

3 comments:

  1. Huh. You're sure that's T. pallida, though? 'Cause I would have assumed T. sillamontana (even though it's a bit colorful to be sillamontana). Or did sillamontana's name get changed, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assumed sillamontana when I spotted it but then I checked the tag to make sure and it says pallida.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weird. Well, it looks neat in any case.

    ReplyDelete