Monday, March 1, 2010

Review: The Road

I'll get this out there now, I didn't like this book. I think what bothered me the most was that no one was given a name. Or maybe it was the gray depression of the whole thing. It was really a downer of a story. So, perhaps reading The Road right after another post-apocalyptic story wasn't the best of ideas.

But, even though I didn't like the book (maybe next time, I will), I will say that it was wonderfully written. It's my first read of a McCarthy book and you better believe that I'll be reading more of his work. He really knows how to tell a story and make you feel like you are the character you're reading about.

All in all, The Road is dark... really dark. So, if you take it on find a warm fire and some bourbon to keep you warm and close to the light.

Stats:
Author - Cormac McCarthy
Year Published - 2006
Pages - 287
Genre - Post-Apocalyptic

No comments:

Post a Comment